Re: Microsoft's take on XSL

Subject: Re: Microsoft's take on XSL
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 17:06:31 +0100 (BST)
Sebastian writes

> And when I do <xsl:import href="mslib/useful.xsl"/>, the application
> is supposed to take care of all the details? One could, theoretically,
> work in a mixture of the two languages?

If you have a processor running a stylesheet for the july draft,
that is using the http://www.w3.org/XSL/Transform/1.0 namespace

within a template you could use elements from the old language on the
http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl namespace as long as you declared that
namespace for extension elements (section 15.1).

However if you include a complete stylesheet then the older templates
will be top level elements of xsl:stylesheet  but from a different
namespace, so by section 2.2 they are not an error but are not allowed
to affect the behaviour of the (real) xsl templates.

But surely mixing like that will be rare, the main aim will be to support

xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl"; as an old style stylesheet and
"http://www.w3.org/XSL/Transform/1.0"; as a new style stylesheet.

David