Re: Help Please

Subject: Re: Help Please
From: Miloslav Nic <nicmila@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 06:18:22 +0200
I was having the same problems. At the end I decided to work only in
UTF-8. Unfortunately, editors I am using are not supporting  UTF-8. I
therefore have to translate the text from my encoding to UTF-8. Java 1.1
provides classes which makes such transformations extremely easy. I just
wrapped these classes into very simple program:
http://zvon.vscht.cz/ZvonHTML/Downloads/convert_en.html. It is some
extra work but then you can use any software your wish.

I have discovered a small trick, which prevents you getting lost in the
encoding jungle.
If you are writing documents intended for Greek readers, use at least
one non-ascii character from greek in your tag name. If you have DTD in
UTF-8, your validator will complain if you use file with wrong encoding.