RE: Multiple Result Trees

Subject: RE: Multiple Result Trees
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 17:35:26 +0100
> I've been thinking about the possibility of an XSLT
> transformation to multiple
> result trees. I see that it is on the list for future version
> of XSLT, but was
> wondering if a 'kludge' was possible now through the use of
> modes.

I suggest you take a look at the way SAXON does this. It has an xsl:output
element which specifies a new filename for output. Logically SAXON is
generating a single output tree and the xsl:output is perhaps best regarded
as a formatting object, it says I want this part of the output tree to be
serialised to this particular file. There's an example in the SAXON
distribution of how this is used to create a frameset-based rendition of the
New Testament in which every book and every chapter generates a distinct
HTML output file, all linked together with hyperlinks.

Mike Kay
SAXON is on http://users.iclway.co.uk/mhkay/saxon/