Re: Multiple Result Trees

Subject: Re: Multiple Result Trees
From: "James Tauber" <jtauber@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 00:53:25 +0800
> I've been thinking about the possibility of an XSLT transformation to
multiple
> result trees. I see that it is on the list for future version of XSLT, but
was
> wondering if a 'kludge' was possible now through the use of modes.

For a while, I achieved this on XMLSOFTWARE by producing a single output
with <file name="foo.html"> wrapping each page and then running it through a
postprocessor.

Now I use XT's extension mechanism and have a named template that outputs
the contents of one parameter to a file named in another (see XT's demos for
an example of this).

I should be able to find the time early next week to make the complete
stylesheets for XMLSOFTWARE / XMLINFO / SCHEMA.NET available. I may even be
able to accompany them with the "stylesheet for stylesheets" I've briefly
been working on. Heck, I might even release the first version of the XSL FAQ
(although possibly not a new release of FOP)!

James :-)