re-import with match="*"

Subject: re-import with match="*"
From: "Jon Smirl" <jonsmirl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 13:36:00 -0400
I'm having difficulty with an import with containing a match="*" ,  here's
my import sequence:

file A - includes match="*"
file B - imports A
file C- imports A

file D - imports A, B, C

The problem is the match="*" in file A that was imported by file C override
the templates in file B. The files are set up this way because files B and C
are used by other XML documents.

The override is what the spec says should happen. The file C/A import will
have a higher priority than the file A and B/A imports. Adding
priority="-100" to the match="*" does not impact the importing process.

I tried protecting my import from being re-imported with:

 <xsl:if test="$importA != 'true'" >
 <xsl:variable name="importA">true</xsl:variable>
        stylesheet contents
  </xsl:if>

But <xsl:if> is not allowed as a top level element.

Any other ideas for a workaround?

Jon Smirl
jonsmirl@xxxxxxxxxxxx