Re: Passing variable to variable

Subject: Re: Passing variable to variable
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 15:33:42 +0100 (BST)
> I was thinking that it might be possible to pass on the <xsl:variable> that
> selects the category element, to another variable that assigns the processor
> the correct string (Internet / Browsers / Web Browsers). Is it possible
> doing this without having to completely redesign my current stylesheet?

If I understand you correctly I think what you want is:

<xsl:choose>
 <xsl:when test="$cat='web_browser'">
  Internet / Browsers / Web Browsers
 </xsl:when>
 <xsl:when test="$cat='...'">
  Internet / Browsers / ...
 </xsl:when>
</xsl:choose>

You could either put that inline where you need it, or if you need in
several places, stick it in a variable like so:

<xsl:variable name="cat" select="category"/>
<xsl:variable name="banner">
<xsl:choose>
 <xsl:when test="$cat='web_browser'">
  Internet / Browsers / Web Browsers