Re: Someone bashing XSL

Subject: Re: Someone bashing XSL
From: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 12:25:23 -0400
At 08:59 AM 7/30/99 -0700, Stephen Deach wrote:
>He has been throwing this diatribe at every venue that he can find. Search
>the archives of this list (xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) for his last name in
>the subject line, and review the various responses to his last attempt (on
>XML.com).

I'm a bit concerned that this 'he has been throwing this diatribe at every
venue' claim is a bit misleading.  Michael Leventhal is scarcely the only
person with serious reservations about XSL, nor is he the only person to
make them public.

While I can understand why you might be irritated at people who consider
your project a waste of time, if not downright dangerous, this kind of spin
ignores the fact that a considerable number of people who oppose XSL do in
fact exist.  There are many different facets to this opposition, and only a
very few of them (notably the vocabulary conflict with CSS) have been
addressed.

XSL-bashing has a history as long as XSL and, I suspect, a long future
ahead of it.

Now returning to our usual programming...

Simon St.Laurent
XML: A Primer / Building XML Applications
Sharing Bandwidth / Cookies
http://www.simonstl.com