Re: Someone bashing XSL

Subject: Re: Someone bashing XSL
From: "Sebastian Rahtz" <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 15:58:58 +0100 (BST)
Simon St.Laurent writes:

 > And maybe some competition, taken seriously, could improve XSL...

good lord, we have had 15 years of "competition to XSL", in the shape
of all the SGML processing systems over the years, and the entire
development of DSSSL. what more do you want? XSL is a pretty modest
effort at standardizing the best of the last decade into an 80/20
solution. It isn't a big new product trying to bulldoze competitors
aside, with hordes of screaming brain-washed acolytes. why do you (and
Leventhal, I suppose) portray XSL as the product of a sinister inner
circle bent on influencing world history, like something from the plot
of a james bond film?

hey, I've got an idea? why dont we backtrack 6 months and restart the
frenzied argument about the politics of W3C and XSL? Lets have another
round of "whats wrong with CSS and DOM" - what joy!

sebastian