Multiple pages of well formed HTML ---> XML

Subject: Multiple pages of well formed HTML ---> XML
From: "McKisson, Shawn" <mckisss@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 10:37:55 -0500
Thanks to all those that helped me with the linear to deep xsl
transformation - the information you gave was priceless to a beginner like
myself. (see post XSL problem 8/2/1999)
Special thanks to David Carlisle and Dave Pawson who went out of their way
to help.

Related to this, I now have the need to gather well formed HTML from
multiple web pages and form it into a single XML document. It seems like to
only trick here is to get each of the HTML trees
to hang off of the root node of the DOM tree that XSL is going to
manipulate.
ie.

(wp = webpage)

            DOM
            root
           / |  \
          /  |   \
        wp1 wp2..wpn

With that accomplished, it seems that I could use XSL in standard way to
generate the XML.
Does this sound like a reasonable solution to the problem? Any other
suggestions? (I haven't looked into XLink, so I'm not sure exactly what it
is or if it is relevant here)

--shawn