Re: lists as parameters

Subject: Re: lists as parameters
From: "Jon Smirl" <jonsmirl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 12:18:06 -0400
I have a list of several words that I want to form into a menu. Say for
example cut, copy, paste. My main stylesheets define the list of commands on
the menu. I then use included stylesheets to vary the look and feel of the
page.

XSLT doesn't support lists as a parameter type and I can't come up with a
mechanism for passing the list of commands to the included stylesheet.  Does
anyone have any ideas on another way to accomplish this?

One idea I had is writing an extension function that would take a comma
separated list and return it as a node list for use in a for-each, but it
doesn't look like I can return a node-list from an extension function.

Jon Smirl
jonsmirl@xxxxxxxxxxxx