the empty stylesheet does not work in XT

Subject: the empty stylesheet does not work in XT
From: Denys Duchier <Denys.Duchier@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 07 Aug 1999 01:05:12 +0200
The more I try to get to the root of the problem, the stranger it
gets.  I finally reduced my stylesheet to practically nothing:

<stylesheet xmlns="http://www.w3.org/XSL/Transform/1.0";>
</stylesheet>

Now on the following document:

XT produces the following output:

I don't understand why it produces any output at all.  My
understanding of the builtin templates is that they simply recurse.
So, who's producing this output?  What's going on here?

I am using a version of XP and XT freshly downloaded.

What is even stranger is that my really complicated stylesheets on my
really complicated documents work just fine, except that trying to
return a result tree fragment from an extension class produced
something like com.jclark.xsl.sax.ExtensionHandlerImpl$1@7f83b0fa
instead of the expected tree fragment... That's what I started out
trying to debug.  And now, here I am; I took out everything, and I
still have a bug :-)

Cheers,

--
Dr. Denys Duchier			Denys.Duchier@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Forschungsbereich Programmiersysteme	(Programming Systems Lab)