Small XML Validator for evaluation purposes...

Subject: Small XML Validator for evaluation purposes...
From: "John Markor" <john.markor@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 09:51:32 -0700
I took some sample code I found on the Microsoft site and modified it ever
so slightly to make an IE5 HTML validating parser that can be run from a web
page using JavaScript.  It uses the IE5 DOM, so I'm not sure it will work
with any other parsers, but at least this is out there now.

The code makes use of FrontPage themes, so it can be modified extremely
easily to match the themes of a site, and allows browsing of local systems
for XML files to parse.  The JavaScript makes use of the ValidateonParse
properties of the DOM, and validation can be turned on or off by means of a
check box on the page.

Have at it folks - and let me know if you think there should be some changes
made in the file!  Thanks!

John

GIF image

Title: XML Document Validator
Close This Page

XML Validator

Enter a url to load:

or paste in some XML:

check the "Validation" box if you want to validate your document:

Validation

click the "Validate" button to see if your text is valid XML:

For comments and more information, please send mail to John Markor.

Copyright © 1999, Mindless Communications.

Significant portions Copyright © 1999, Microsft Corporation.