Re: lists as parameters

Subject: Re: lists as parameters
From: jmbolles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 19:38:43 GMT
What would be nice is to define the list in an enumeration or Notation
definition

<!ATTLIST address state (AK|AL|AR|...)>
<address state=AK ... />

And the XSL uses the values in the Enumeration or Notation to build the
choice, and the value in the element instance as the selected.

I've yet to figure out how to extract information in from the DTD in a
non-parser specific way.

Jack Bolles

                    "Jon Smirl"
                    <jonsmirl@xxxxxxxxxxx        To:     <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                    t>                           cc:
                    Sent by:                     Subject:     Re: lists as parameters
                    owner-xsl-list@mulber
                    rytech.com

                    08/06/99 11:18 AM
                    Please respond to
                    xsl-list

I have a list of several words that I want to form into a menu. Say for
example cut, copy, paste. My main stylesheets define the list of commands
on
the menu. I then use included stylesheets to vary the look and feel of the
page.

XSLT doesn't support lists as a parameter type and I can't come up with a
mechanism for passing the list of commands to the included stylesheet.
Does
anyone have any ideas on another way to accomplish this?

One idea I had is writing an extension function that would take a comma
separated list and return it as a node list for use in a for-each, but it
doesn't look like I can return a node-list from an extension function.

Jon Smirl
jonsmirl@xxxxxxxxxxxx