Re: applying all rules in a mode

Subject: Re: applying all rules in a mode
From: "Richard Lander" <rlander@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 11:10:02 -0400
 Have you considered using <xsl:for-each ? It would seem to me to be the best
for creating a TOC at the start of your document. It would likely do away with
your need for modes.

Something like:

<xsl:for-each select="chapter | title | head">
<A>
  <xsl:choose>
    <xsl:when test="@id">
      <xsl:attribute name="href"><xsl:value-of select="@id"/></xsl:attribute>
    </xsl:when>
    <xsl:otherwise>
      <xsl:attribute name="href"><xsl:value-of
select="generate-id()"/></xsl:attribute>
    </xsl:otherwise>
  </xsl:choose>
  <xsl:value-of select="TITLE">
</A>