Re: Netscape support for XSL Stylesheets

Subject: Re: Netscape support for XSL Stylesheets
From: Christopher Conway <chris_conway@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 14:47:52 -0400
"John E. Simpson" wrote:

> At 09:13 AM 8/13/1999 -0700, Mallikarjuna Sangappa wrote:
> >Does Netscape provide support for XSL Stylesheets?
>
> Not yet. Last I heard -- maybe a month or 6 weeks ago -- it was on the
> Mozilla "we hope to get around to it" list, but they hadn't yet done any
> work on it at all.

XSL is not a priority for the 5.0 release of Mozilla. They
are committed to being a "standards-compliant" browser and
XSL is not yet a standard. Plus, they have their hands full
trying to support CSS1, CSS2, DOM, etc. I don't think it
will take long after (if) XSL becomes a W3C Recommendation
to see support in Mozilla, especially if they adopt a
Linux-like rapid-patching schedule.

I'm not going to rail against Microsoft for moving early to
support XSL, but I think we can all see the danger of forking
XSL development evident in recent threads.

Chris

--
chris_conway@xxxxxxxxxxxx