Re: xml to pdf with fop

Subject: Re: xml to pdf with fop
From: David Tolpin <dvd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 02:29:15 +0500 (AMD)
Sebastian Rahtz
<sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 > David Tolpin writes:
 >  >
 >  >  Anyway, FOP is the only opportunity now. Let's hope
there will
http://users.ox.ac.uk/~rahtz/passivetex
 > generates PDF from XSL FO. its more fully-featured than FOP,
albeit
 > less elegant.

 Yes, you are right. PassiveTeX is yet another opportunity,
 although installing the right version of TeX is a bit
prohibiting for a casual user. Besides that, I didn't find
 at the site mentioned a definitive list of what is supported
 and what is not by the formatter. If it were possible to check

 the program against the tests published at

 http://www.renderx.com/Demo/index.html

 it would help a lot to estimate it's full-featuredness.
 Unfortunately, the only xsl fo available as an example of
PassiveTeX's functionality is not an XSL FO, since it contains
 'custom' elements (fotex:bookmark).

 David Tolpin