Re: Netscape support for XSL Stylesheets

Subject: Re: Netscape support for XSL Stylesheets
From: Tony Graham <tgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 18:25:18 -0400 (EST)
At 17 Aug 1999 22:13 +0000, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
 > Liam R. E. Quin writes:
 >  >
 >  > Funnily enough, there were more than two SGML parsers during SGML
 >  > development, and more than one CSS implementation.
 >
 > I have this idea in my head that no-one ever, not even SP, implemented
 > every last nook and cranny of SGML. am I mistaken?

The Mark-It parser (in various incarnations) is proudly FSV
"1023MB127".  (See Annex G of ISO 8879 if you are sadly ignorant of
such important details as the definition of "FSV".)

Mark-It does all of SGML and more besides, although I quibble about
their handling of empty document type specifications in concurrent markup.

See http://www.sema.be/mtc/products/markit/index.html

 >  > None of these CSS systems were complete as far as I know, and neither
 > well, quite. has there ever been a complete CSS implementation?

Can't help you there.

This thread is getting way off the topic of XSL and should stop.

Regards,

Tony Graham
Tony Graham                            mailto:tgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
17 West Jefferson Street                    Direct Phone: 301/315-9632