Re: xsl parser listing

Subject: Re: xsl parser listing
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 22:41:06 -0400
At 99/08/18 09:48 -0500, Russell Allen wrote:
Has anyone made a list of all of the various implementations of an XSL parser?  I would love to see a nice table with the name, version, supported tags, unsupported tags, language, and any brief notes.  Would this be a resource people would find useful?  If so, and assuming such a thing does not already exist, I will put it together given the requisite information.

One resource that may help in this effort is the list of questions to vendors that can be found in the free download preview of our training material (pp 88-89).  The list is relative to the July 9 draft so has yet to be updated for the August 13 draft.

I tried out this list on one new manufacturer and didn't even receive an acknowledgement of receiving the questions ... so I'm not sure how to interpret the effectivity of the questions.  I figured they'd be useful to someone shopping around for an XSLT engine.

Since I've been using XT, I haven't had the need to contact other vendors with these questions.  I'm also not sure if anyone who has seen the list of questions has taken the time to contact anyone either.

But they are there for you to consider in your compilation.

--
G. Ken Holman                    mailto:gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Crane Softwrights Ltd.             http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/