FW: problem interpreting inherited attributes.

Subject: FW: problem interpreting inherited attributes.
From: "Hernan Eguiluz" <heguiluz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 13:08:50 -0300
Hi, I am implementing a library in C++ to encapsulate XSL flow objects. I
have just came across the following paragraph about inherited attributes:

'Some of the properties applicable to formatting objects are "inheritable."
Such properties are so identified in the property description. These
properties are not shown in the DTD except where the property is actually
used in the definition of the formatting object. The inheritable properties
can be placed on any formatting object.'

I have search the mailing list archives for a similar question but couldn't
find it. What I don't understand is the way to handle those inherited
attributes. I mean, all those inherited attributes may or may not be part of
the flow object, but how is it supposed to determine that? And isn't it the
case that all inherited attributes have some default value?

Thanks a lot to anyone that can help me with this, Hernan.