ANNOUNCE: XSLT Newline to <br> Demo

Subject: ANNOUNCE: XSLT Newline to <br> Demo
From: Mike Brown <mbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 17:06:44 -0600
When emitting HTML, one may wish to have a sequence of character data
replaced with an element. A common example of this would be the translation
of newline characters to <br> tags. This demo shows a way to accomplish this
transformation using XSLT. Note that the "transformation" that occurs is
actually the construction of a result tree fragment that contains
alternating text and element nodes, based on the content of the original
string.

Requirements: Newline to <br> Transformation Demo is an XSL document that
must be applied to a source tree with an XSLT processor. The XSLT processor
must be compliant with the August 13 XSLT 1.0 Working Draft and must
implement the contains(), substring-before() and substring-after()
functions. It has been tested with James Clark's XT (19990822 version).

Get it at http://www.skew.org/xml/

(I would post it here, but I don't feel like reformatting it to fit in less
than 80 columns)