RE: SAXON question: Propagator.build(InputSource in)

Subject: RE: SAXON question: Propagator.build(InputSource in)
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 17:06:05 +0100
> From: Zsolt Czinkos [mailto:czinkos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
>
> I'm writing a simple servlet which gets an XML file
> from a database, puts it in a string (or a Reader)
> and renders it with the render() method of a compiled
> stylesheet.
>
> Does it stop every time when the InputSource isn't a file (URL)?
> Is it a bug or is there a solution to use e.g. a character-stream for
> input?

There is a workaround: set a dummy system ID on the InputSource object using
setSystemId(). The input will still be taken from the supplied Reader, the
system id will be used only for (a) diagnostics, (b) resolving relative URLs
in entity references, (c) resolving relative URLs in the XSLT document()
function.

Fixed in a future version.

Mike Kay