RE: import vs xsl:include

Subject: RE: import vs xsl:include
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 12:19:03 +0100
The differences are to do with the handling of precedence if several
stylesheets declare the same object.

I quite agree that it seems crazy to have two such strongly overlapping
features: it looks from the outside like a classic committee compromise, and
frankly the reason I delayed implementing it for so long in SAXON was that I
thought any sensible committee (is there such a beast?) would rationalise
the spec in this area. My optimism seems to have been unfounded.

Mike Kay