RE: DOM object to input source for XT and SAXON : reaults report

Subject: RE: DOM object to input source for XT and SAXON : reaults report
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 18:37:14 +0100
> Results are as follows :
> --------------------------------------
> ! Method #           ! XT    ! SAXON !
> --------------------------------------
> ! Serializing method ! 160ms ! 350ms !
> ! DOMParser          ! 250ms ! 290ms !
> --------------------------------------

How very interesting!

The only thing I can think of is that the java class loading sequence is
different.

Perhaps a test with a much larger file would reduce the effect of startup
costs. I often find with Java that if you run the same program twice, the
second run is significantly faster, presumably because the JVM is
remembering something. You may be getting this kind of effect.

Mike Kay