Comments on XSL WD

Subject: Comments on XSL WD
From: Bovone Stefano <Stefano.Bovone@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 08:17:34 +0200
Good morning,

my name is Stefano Bovone and I'm working for Elsag S.p.A., company of Genoa
(Italy), and I am in a group working for Italian Poste.
I'm studying XML and XSL: our aim is to render several letters contained and
structured in an XML file. The rendering should be obtained by XSL.
Mainly an XML document we have to deal could contain several letters
(thousands).
Processing XML with XSL and then converting Formatting Objects for example
in PCL, we obtain big print spool files.
Studying the Working Draft about XSL, I think it's necessary a method which
permits to change header and footer of a page without defining a different
page-sequence.
A big print spool file would have too many different page-sequences and
moreover using a continous flow of objects which fills the body of the
document is impossible.

I hope you'll take my remark into consideration.

Best regards.

	Stefano Bovone