Building a calendar

Subject: Building a calendar
From: "Richard Lander" <rlander@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 10:21:37 -0400
  Hello,

I'd like to build a calendar, a table really, by processing a set of events. My
mind keeps on thinking of loops, which I'm pretty sure XSLT lacks. Outside of
iteratively building the calendar within my stylesheet and checking for events
on each day, I can't think of a good way of tranforming few events into many
table cells. Hmm.

Any ideas? I have looked at Oren Ben-Kiki's queens.xsl to see if I could find
any other ideas. I see that he uses recursion to build his tables. I recently
used recursion to build a table of contents, so can probably do that. Any other
ideas?

I envision the following markup:

<CALENDAR>
<MONTH start="W" end="30"> <!-- start is the day of the week that the month
starts. Wednesday in this case -->
<EVENT date="4">
<PARA>Some event description</PARA>
</EVENT>
<EVENT date="24">
<PARA>another event description</PARA>
</EVENT>
<!--Lots of time for vacation this month! -->
</MONTH
<!--May be more MONTHs -->
</CALENDAR>

Thanks,