XSL output question

Subject: XSL output question
From: Patrice Bonhomme <Patrice.Bonhomme@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 09:55:35 +0200
<Hi/>

I have an XML file that is encoding both with ISO-8859-1 and ISO-8859-2
characters using external entities declaration (ISOlat1.pen and ISOlat2.pen).

1/ What is the value of the 'encoding' attribute within the XML declaration ?
ISO-8859-1 ? ISO-8859-2 ? None ?

2/ How could we generate an HTML file encoding in UTF-8 using an XSL
stylesheet from this XML file ?

We are currently using XT 19990822.

Here is the declaration of the XML file :

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
<!DOCTYPE TEI.2 [
<!ENTITY % ISOlat1 SYSTEM "/local/led/share/dtd/pen/ISOlat1.pen">
%ISOlat1;
<!ENTITY % ISOlat2 SYSTEM "/local/led/share/dtd/pen/ISOlat2.pen">
%ISOlat2;
]>

A sample of our data :

<hi rend="IT" TEIform="hi">Slavnost ath&eacute;nsk&yacute;ch
Thr&aacute;k&uring;</hi>

The result with a very simple XSL stylesheet :

Slavnost ath&eacute;nsk&yacute;ch Thr&aacute;k?

I am also looking for an XSL/XSLT tutorial compatible with the last XSLT WD.

Thanks for any help,

Pat.

   bonhomme@xxxxxxxx      Tel : 03 83 59 30 52 / 06 11 34 03 85
   http://www.loria.fr/~bonhomme                 Office : B.228