Re: XSL-FO tools/processors

Subject: Re: XSL-FO tools/processors
From: zun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 07:09:35 -0400 (EWT)
Hello Mahesh, everyone,

On Wed, 8 Sep 1999, Mahesh Nathan wrote:

> 	I am on the lookout for any XSL tool/processor that supports FO's
> preferable on a non-native platform . Any suggestions?

Not sure what you mean by "non-native" platform.. do you mean Java? =)

Here's my current list of XSL FO processors:

1. http://users.ox.ac.uk/~rahtz/passivetex/
   Converts FO to TeX to PDF.  Has direct support for MathML.  Need a
   pdftex installed.

2. http://www.jtauber.com/fop/
   Converts FO to PDF.  Not quite full-fledged yet but being worked on.
   Written in Java.

3. http://www.renderx.com
   Looks to be the most complete FO processor, commercial but unreleased,
   converts to PDF.   Web site has validator service and many examples.

If there are any more, then they don't hang out on this list yet =)

. . . Sean.