Re: What will be the future improvements of XSLT?

Subject: Re: What will be the future improvements of XSLT?
From: Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 15:32:46 +0100 (BST)
David Carlisle writes:

 > > I think also that somebody who can manage HTML with a little JavaScript,
 > > even given a small subset a XSL, will surely be puzzled by such a
 > > declarative language.
 >
 > Why should this be?
 >
 > I find XSL far far less puzzling than javascript. Am I really weird?

Not unless I am too (discuss, writing on one side of the paper only).

I think that anyone who can write HTML can write XSL; they are both
declarative, and use identical syntax. The odd man out is Javascript,
which requires you to learn how to write computer programs, rather
than describing your output. To me, thats a big shift in
consciousness.

Sebastian