Re: What will be the future improvements of XSLT?

Subject: Re: What will be the future improvements of XSLT?
From: "Chuck White" <chuck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 09:22:09 -0700
Definately not weird. It's not really a question of how complex is XSL for
HTML/Javascript coders. If I hire someone to develop a system using XSL, I
would simply compare their abilities to people like yourself, whose
knowledge of XSL is in the upper tier. I don't say that to flatter you, but
to state how I need to evaluate my needs. So the complexity of XSL, and any
comparisons to it vis a vis a programming language are completely irrelevant
to me.

As for whether or not I am personally puzzled by XSL, again, that is an
irrelevant issue (although I agree it is much less puzzling than any
programming language and its mastery is mostly a matter of getting enough
time to master the whole pattern/expression thing). If I really need to get
an XSL scheme going, I will hire someone who can do it (if I can't), just
like I'd hire a Javascript developer to write my scripts, an ASP developer
to manage my NT server scripts, and a network administrator to manage my
network.

In the meantime, I'll focus on content.

Chuck White
(not speaking for my company)