Re: HTML forms with XSLT slideshow question

Subject: Re: HTML forms with XSLT slideshow question
From: "Nikita Ogievetsky" <nogievet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 08:41:13 +0100
> > extract from http://www.w3.org/1999/08/WD-xslt-19990813#extension
>
> The XSLT spec defines that syntax for calling your extension functions, it
> just doesn't define the calling conventions you need to use when
> implementing the functions. All of the above systems (except MS) support
>the same syntax for calling extensions functions but your code for
>implementing the function will vary between the systems.

This is the point.
I want my stylesheets portable and don't have much time
to write proprietary implementations.
In other words I want my stylesheets to be "XSLT stylesheets",
not "XT XSLT stylesheets" or "SAXON XSLT stylesheets".
Combination  XSLT / ( Java- | Perl- | Python- )Script is
processor independent. And until next version of XSLT draft (hopefully)
I will stay with it.
All this said, extensions shipped with XT are great and I use them, of
course,
even though they changed from July to August version of the XT processor.

Nikita Ogievetsky
http://www.cogx.com