Re: Passing parameters to XSL using MSXML

Subject: Re: Passing parameters to XSL using MSXML
From: "Chuck White" <chuck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 11:10:35 -0700
Title: Re: Passing parameters to XSL using MSXML
The MS XMLDOM component doesn't support the xsl:param element.

Try this for documentation on what you are trying to accomplish:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/xml/XSLGuide/xsl-advanced.asp
or this for a broader brush:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/xml/XSLGuide/default.asp

Be aware that what works for the MS XSL namespace doesn't necessarily work with the W3 namespace, and vice versa, depending on the elements you're using.

Valid MS XSL elements are:
xsl:stylesheet, xsl:attribute,  xsl:choose, xsl:comment, xsl:copy, xsl:element, xsl:for-each,  xsl:if, xsl:eval,  xsl:otherwise,  xsl:pi (xsl:processing-instruction in current draft),  xsl:script  (for global variables and extensions),  xsl:stylesheet, xsl:template,  xsl:value-of, xsl:when

regards,
chuck

Chuck White
Creative Director