Announcing yet another XSLT-based presentation publisher

Subject: Announcing yet another XSLT-based presentation publisher
From: "Pim van der Eijk" <pim.vander.eijk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 09:50:50 +0200
As has been observed several times (most recently in a posting to this list: http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list/archive/msg06498.html) ,  generation of HTML slides from XML source is a good showcase for XSLT (and DSSSL) as an alternative to presentation software like Powerpoint.  I've created a page with pointers to some of this work, and to my own XSLT stylesheets at http://home.multiweb.net/~pvde/slidesh.htm

My stylesheet is to some extent a derivative of the (no longer supported) Koala XSL slideMaker, but is updated for the latest XSLT working draft and the XT processor. The XML source is a single file with hierarchical slides and slide groups, from which multi-file DHTML slide shows, single file handouts, and handouts that include speaker notes are generated. It is described at http://home.multiweb.net/~pvde/Xt/s_3_6.htm
I've made a modest start at including features that are available in presentation software, such as keyboard navigation among slides and animated slide-in menus, that are often lacking in HTML slideshow counterparts although they can be emulated with DHTML and Javascript, and are easy to generate from XML source.

Kind regards,

Pim van der Eijk