specifying DOCTYPE DTD for XSL transformation

Subject: specifying DOCTYPE DTD for XSL transformation
From: "Volkmann, Mark" <Mark.Volkmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 15:36:27 -0500
Title: specifying DOCTYPE DTD for XSL transformation

Sorry if this message is a repeat.  I sent it before I was officially added to the mailing list and so didn't see any replies.

I've combed the XSL specs. and can't find a way to do this.

I have an XSL style sheet that transforms an XML document to another XML document.
Is there a way to specify the DOCTYPE of the resulting XML document in the XSL?

There are many reasons to need this capability.
My immediate need is to be able to pick up attribute defaults from the DTD.

P.S.  The following template rule does not work in IE5.

  <xsl:template match="/">
    <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">
      <![CDATA[
        <!DOCTYPE portfolio SYSTEM "Table.dtd">
      ]]>
    </xsl:text>
    <xsl:apply-templates select="child"/>

 __  __
/  \/  \        Object Computing, Inc.
\      / ark    (314)589-1617 pager
 \    /         (314)955-8123 A.G.Edwards
  \  / olkmann  (314)579-0066 OCI
   \/           volkmann@xxxxxxxxxx