Extension functions on the client side

Subject: Extension functions on the client side
From: Michael Harry Scepaniak <ihispanic@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 06:11:21 -0700 (PDT)
All,

I just started playing around with extension functions last week, and I
think they're fantastic.  But how are they intended to function when
(in the future) the  XSL stylesheet is being processed with an XML
document on the client side as opposed to on the server side?  Would
the function(s) need to be packaged up as a .jar file?  Would the XSL
processor residing on the client side rely on the containing browser's
JVM or would it use its own JVM (if that even makes sense)?  If it is
to rely on the browser's JVM, I have serious doubts, given IE and
Netscape's lackluster present and future Java functionality, that
extension functions will be a dependably useful tool.

Mike....

=====