transforming elements with namespaces

Subject: transforming elements with namespaces
From: "Hadar, Oren" <ohadar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 16:35:12 -0400
Hi XSL-List'ers,

I am writing an XSL stylesheet that will be used to transform XSL
stylesheets. The stylesheets being transformed have fo: elements in them. In
the stylesheet I am writing, I want to be able to match those fo: elements
like this:

<xsl:template match="fo:block">

The problem is that if I don't have an xmlns:fo declaration in my stylesheet
(the one I am writing, not the one being transformed), the XSL processor
(LotusXSL 0.18.2) crashes on an Java error, saying it couldn't resolve the
fo namespace. If I *do* put in the namespace declaration, the fo:block gets
interpreted as an instruction, not a literal result template.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance,

Oren Hadar
Application Designer
Interleaf, Inc.
ohadar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
(781) 768-1082 <!-- used to hide NNTP attachment from web user -->