Announcement: Deepcanyon.com

Subject: Announcement: Deepcanyon.com
From: "John Markor" <john.markor@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 21:17:52 -0700
Since people on the list are constantly clamoring for demonstrations of XML data delivery, my employer has finally put our web site up for public consumption.

This is a web site dedicated to delivery of high-tech market research reports.  The reports are converted from any number of different formats (everything from Interleaf, FrameMaker, PageMaker, Microsoft Word, etc.) formatted and stored in XML, and delivered on the fly as HTML.  Static formats such as .PDF are also available for some reports.

I serve as the content production supervisor, and have tried to make the documents as presentable as possible for web delivery, within the constraints of the existing technologies.  All in all, I think we've done a pretty good job.  Just an example of what can be done with XML!