XSL debugging (was Re: xsl:copy and Lotus XSL)

Subject: XSL debugging (was Re: xsl:copy and Lotus XSL)
From: "Tangi Vass" <tangivass@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 15:24:31 +0200
> When the processor matches  'insert_structured_trailer' or
> 'insert_structured_insert', I expect that the expression
> /letter[$p_lt]/structured_trailer/node() is evaluated and then the rule
> <xsl:template match="node() | @*" priority="-1"> is applied.
>
> But I don't obtain this. I don't understand if I have made a mistake in
the
> stylesheet or it's a problem of the processor. The same stylesheet with
the
> processor 0_17_3 (XSLT of April) works how I expect.

There is a great tool for such kind of problems, a XSLT debugger : XSLTrace
from IBM/Lotus.

A small description from http://www.xmlsoftware.com/xsl/ :
"XSL Trace allows a user to visually "step through" an XSL transformation
script, highlighting the transformation rules as they are fired.
Additionally, an XSL Trace user can view the XML source and the
corresponding XML or HTML result in "real time". XSL Trace users can set and
remove "break points" on the style sheet and source document as well as
highlight all source nodes processed by each style rule. The XSL Trace UI
features an XML "source based" collapsable "tree view" with dynamic font
resizing for "Zooming" in/out to handle small/large documents."

It is downloadable at http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/xsltrace

Tangi