Schema definition

Subject: Schema definition
From: Eric van der Vlist <vdv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 10:07:07 +0200
Hi,

I'd like to describe the structure of XML files (for several purposes
such as generation of HTML forms) and I am lost behind the different
directions to go :=(

I'd like to use a format which I can use through XSL-T which seems to
exclude using a "simple" DTD.

Searching in this list archive and on the web, I have found 3 tracks :

1) http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/dtdgen/Docs/ looks like an
interesting but individual proposal.

2) DCD (http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-dcd) is a 1+ year old submission to
W3C for a "structural schema facility". Looks OK for what I'd like to
do, but is it being continued ?

3) XML Schema (http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/) is a recent working
draft looking as a competitor for the 2 previous...

Can anyone help me to find the links and pros and cons between these 3
and/or share his experience in this area ?

Thanks