Re: Q: XML+XSL transforms to a print-ready format

Subject: Re: Q: XML+XSL transforms to a print-ready format
From: Rick Geimer <rick.geimer@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 12:48:49 -0700
Paul,

> For some reason you think that the tables part is a
> show-stopper. I don't think it is.  The time will show
> us who was right.

I won't even consider using XSL FO for anything other than recreational
purposes until there is robust table support. In the semiconductor
industry, over 70% of the material in a typical datasheet consists of
complex tables (read many columns and rows, with multiple spans) that
cannot be handled by a simple list mechanism.

Just my two cents worth.

Rick Geimer
National Semiconductor
rick.geimer@xxxxxxx