trouble getting XT to run on BSDi

Subject: trouble getting XT to run on BSDi
From: "Pete Beazley" <pete@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 1999 19:36:27 -0400
Has anyone had luck getting XT to run on BSDi 3.0?

Here are some specifics:

I'm trying this on a virtual Unix host running on an Intel box.
The virtual Unix host is running BSDI BSD/OS 3.0 Virtual Kernel #0
The BSDi Java implementation is Kaffe Virtual Machine Version: 0.92   Java
Version: 1.1.2
The XT file is dated 1999-09-28
The XP file is dated 1999-01-01

I had to unzip the Kaffe classes (classes.zip) and add their directory to
the classpath in order to eliminate errors reading the archive.

When I run James Clark's 'slides' demo or his 'textfile' demo, I don't get
any errors, but I also don't get any results. The slides demo should create
the files intro.htm, xsl.htm, and conclusion.htm and the textfile demo
should create the files out1.txt and out2.txt, but these files aren't
created. I also receive no error messages. Note that I am able to
successfully run the same demos in Win95 without problems.

Here's the command line I am using (the BSDi Java implementation uses colons
instead of semi-colons as a delimiter for the classpath):
java -classpath xp.jar:xt.jar:sax.jar:/usr/home/clearlyo/util/kaffe/
com.jclark.xsl.sax.Driver demo/slides.xml demo/slides.xsl

Any ideas on how to get XT to work on BSDi 3.0?

Thanks in advance!

--------
Pete Beazley - mailto:pete@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ClearlyOnline, Inc.