Re: Scalability problem

Subject: Re: Scalability problem
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 15:10:01 +0100 (BST)
> Just testing understanding..

yes.

> apparently xt has no problems with big files,

Of course big is a relative term. There has been an interesting thread
this week on the pdftex list on the merits (or not) of typesetting
large files via various systems available for getting from tex to pdf.
a typical quote from this thread (Not from me:-)

> > Our biggest single file document was some 27000
> > pages with over half a million hyperlinks made in those distiller
> > version 1 days.

I haven't tried xt on anything that big yet, but one suspects that
the `document tree in memory' model may come under some strain with this
kind of document.

David