Re: Extension functions in XT (was Re: HTML forms with XSLT slideshow question)

Subject: Re: Extension functions in XT (was Re: HTML forms with XSLT slideshow question)
From: "Garriss Jr.,James P." <jgarriss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 09:43:11 -0400
At 08:30 AM 9/27/99 , Edd Dumbill wrote:
>On Mon, Sep 27, 1999 at 12:49:28PM +0700, James Clark wrote:
>> Beyond that is the issue of allowing extension functions to be written
>> in other languages.  In particular it would be nice to support
>> JavaScript (using Rhino).
>
>I've had some success using FESI with XT
><http://home.worldcom.ch/~jmlugrin/fesi/>, license here:
><http://home.worldcom.ch/~jmlugrin/fesi/copyright.html>

Keith Visco's XSL:P (xslp.kvisco.com) supports JavaScript using FESI.

LotusXSL (www.alphaworks.ibm.com) also supports JavaScript, though I don't know how. The included documentation page called "Extensibility Architecture" gives examples using both Java and JavaScript.

>I've not tried yet with JPython, but I don't imagine it would be too
>difficult (I can send the source code to anyone who's interested).

Keith is considering adding JPython support as well.

James Garriss | The MITRE Corporation | jgarriss @ mitre.org