Re: Nostradamus (was Re: FO. lists as tables)

Subject: Re: Nostradamus (was Re: FO. lists as tables)
From: pandeng@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Steve Schafer)
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 20:36:44 GMT
On Fri, 15 Oct 1999 12:09:06 -0400, you wrote:

>People only get to use it if programmers implement it. No commercial
>vendor ever implemented DSSSL and it was not even as detailed and
>precise as you propose.

Your conclusion is that the reason DSSSL was never implemented is
because it is too complicated, too detailed, or too precise. I don't
believe that that's the case at all. It was never implemented because
no one could figure out what the authors were really trying to say.
The DSSSL spec is so caught up in the formalities and definitions that
the message got lost along the way.

-Steve Schafer