Re: XSL FOs -> PDF using InDesign

Subject: Re: XSL FOs -> PDF using InDesign
From: "Sebastian Rahtz" <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 22:07:32 +0100 (BST)
Eric Muller writes:
 > The documentation for it is on the InDesign CD. I suppose it's no secret,
 > by I got my copy (of this documentation) internally, so I am no sure it is

I found a 12 page document on the CD. will peruse

 > In any case, no, I don't think it is powerful enough. It is pretty much
 > limited to character and paragraph formatting properties. I believe it is
 > not possible to specify which frames occur on which pages via a tagged
 > file. You can get a good feeling for what it is by exporting a document to
 > a tagged file and looking at it.

so its not a real interchange format? you cannot dump out an InDesign
file, read it back in, and get the same result? I would try it, but I
don't have InDesign installed yet :-}

 > On the other hand, the plug-in mechanism seems much better. In fact, the
 > SDK tutorial has an example of an import filter that creates a document
 > from scratch.
I presume the SDK is separate product?

I don't suppose anyone else at Adobe wants to comment on this? Its a
very appealing notion, using InDesign to paginate FOs

sebastian