Re: XML/XSL on the client for dynamic UI

Subject: Re: XML/XSL on the client for dynamic UI
From: "John E. Simpson" <simpson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 11:29:35 -0400
At 06:45 AM 10/26/1999 -0700, Dale Asberry wrote:
I've not really investigated beyond just a quick glance, but isn't XUL (eXtensible User-interface Language) supposed to support these ideas? I'm not sure if this is true, but I remember reading that the Mozilla group is strongly considering using XUL to define the browser interface. Anyone else see anything along these lines?

I thought of XUL at first, too. (Yeah, I'm pretty sure Mozilla's UI is indeed completely specified and customizable with XUL.) But then I thought about it some more and I believe what the original poster was really talking about had to do with customizable data-entry forms and such, which would vary with the content being collected -- not so much the chrome of buttons, scrollbars, and the like. Dunno if XUL would be of any help at all if that's what he was talking about. (Except that you could dynamically add things like toolbar buttons, maybe.)