XSL: Grouping XML data by an element

Subject: XSL: Grouping XML data by an element
From: Gayatri Ramanan <RamananG@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 16:06:44 -0400
Title: XSL: Grouping XML data by an element

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong in the XSL. [ see attached file SortByCompound2.xsl ]

What I'm trying to do is to group XML data by a particular column( in this case, CompoundName )
[ see the attached XML file, rfas1.xml ]

So, for every CompoundName selected, i traverse the XML document to check if the current node's CompoundName element matches the CompoundName selected. If it does, then I add the corresponding Sample # ( RFAS ) to the list.

However, all RFAS's are being added to the list.

I have another question : How do I get a list of all DISTINCT CompoundName Element values from the XML document using XSL. I couldn't figure out a way to do it and hence I included that infomation in the beginning of my XML document.

I'd greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance,
Gayatri Ramanan