RE: New XT release

Subject: RE: New XT release
From: Sebastien Sahuc <ssahuc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 09:53:52 +0100
James Clarck wrote :
> The DOM support implements XT's object model on top of the
> DOM Level 1.
> The good news is that this does not build a separate tree (it
creates
> temporary objects on the fly to give XT the view it expects of the
XML
> document);

Great !

>the bad news is that it is sloooow.

Hum ! I believe so, but is it slower than stringifying the DOM and
reparsing it, or using the DOMparser on top of the document ?

When i have time, I'll try and compare the three options.

But, as you say I might reconsider using DOM since it's too slow...

Again, thanks a lot for your great job, we really appreciate having a
full, bug-free, reliable, and FAST XSL processor.

Sebastien

ssahuc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx