Re: MIF output from XT

Subject: Re: MIF output from XT
From: crism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Christopher R. Maden)
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 13:58:50 -0800
[Sotiris Georgiou]
>I a new to XML and XT.  I am using ME IE5 XML functionality.  I am trying
>to transform XML to MIF using XT.  MIF uses the angle brackets but it is
>not valid XML.

This is, in general, a non-trivial task - besides the MIF syntax itself,
you have to escape certain characters in text, keep <String>s from getting
too long, and a variety of other fun problems.  Depending on what you're
trying to do, you may want to take a look at the MIF back-end to Jade (a
DSSSL processor - <URL:http://www.jclark.com/>) or at the tagged-MIF
generation routines I produced at O'Reilly
(<URL:http://www.oreilly.com/%7Ecrism/dsssl/orastyle/>).  If you do decide
to use XSL, the code in the orastyle package may prove helpful.  If you
decide to use DSSSL, you'll probably want to subscribe to this list's
sister, dssslist-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-Chris

--
Christopher R. Maden, Solutions Architect
Exemplary Technologies