Re: template for XLink processing

Subject: Re: template for XLink processing
From: "Nikita Ogievetsky" <nogievet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 23:23:18 -0000
David,
as you know, XLink is yet in very early stage.
I totally agree with Paul in regard to behavior attributes.

In July 1999 WD "behavior" attribute disappeared from XLink specification.
So should "show" and "actuate".

Even though I used them in my model,
I had to make them FIXED, lied to myself that there is some meaning
behind and then completely forget about them.
As specification may change significantly, taming, probably doesn't pay.

http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xlink#Conformance says:
Additionally, an XLink element may have attributes that are not XLink
attributes.

My real "behavior" was MIME type of transformed document.
I would suggest: fill free to device your own behavior semantics as it best
suits your design.

All the best,

Nikita Ogievetsky
http://www.cogx.com