Re: a newbie question

Subject: Re: a newbie question
From: Barton Stanley <barton.stanley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 09:47:42 -0500
>but I must be doing something wrong... because I keep getting errors about
>java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError..

I understand that you added the jar files to your classpath, but this error almost always indicates a problem with the classpath.

This error message should also display the name of the class that cannot be found.  Check this class name.  If it starts with "com.jclark." then something is wrong with how you specifed xt.jar or xp.jar in your classpath.  If it starts with "org.xml." then something is wrong with how you specified sax.jar in your classpath.  If it starts with anything else then there is something wrong with how you specified something other than xt.jar, xp.jar or sax.jar in your classpath.

Figure out which part of the classpath is in error based on the NoClassDefFoundError and then look carefully at your classpath for syntax errors, i.e. make sure everything is spelled correctly and that the paths are correct.

Hope this helps,

Barton